ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative Formally launched in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. ULI Nashville is excited to welcome WLI to our District Council.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
1. Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
2. Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
3. Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
4. Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
Throughout the year, ULI Nashville WLI will offer special events and programs.
ULI Nashville WLI hosts three levels of member-only opportunities, each designed to serve, support and engage members in different ways:
• Professional Development / Executive Education Series – Open to all genders ULI Nashville members. Large workshop-based programs facilitated by an industry expert designed to share skills and information to advance your career, expand your skill set and improve the performance of your organization.
• Studio-After-Dark – Open to women ULI Nashville members in small-group informal gatherings in home settings. Studio-After-Dark will facilitate host-led conversation with a featured female industry leader in lessons-learned, experiences and anecdotes. ‘Studios’ conversations will be designed to be focused yet casual.
• Coffee Connect – Coffee Connect is a popular low-key one-on-one ‘pairing’ of female members to meet (over coffee?) at their own initiative with the goal to build a women’s-network one ULI member at a time. Women members sign up to participate in Coffee Connect and are randomly paired with a fellow ULI Nashville member. Its up to them to do the rest to meet a new associate! Each month a new pairing is shuffled among participants, leading to a new ‘connection’ made!
More information on our inaugural event “Leadership Lessons Learned in Combat…To Be Your Best Homefront Commander!” with Marjorie E. Eastman!
With Thanks to Generous Sponsorship Support for ULI Nashville WLI: