Pillars Development is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Project Estimator. This is a contracted employee position that will be administered via an annual contract from a mutually agreed start date. The position will report both to the firm’s Principal and the project’s Senior Estimator.
The Project Estimator (PE) will support project management and construction project teams by preparing estimates, bid packages, soliciting, evaluating, and leveling bids. Other duties include working with designers and trade partners to interpret the bid documents and assist with design decisions while being cognizant of the cost and schedule impacts. Estimators are also responsible for being knowledgeable on local market conditions, materials prices, vendors, new products, and trade partner capabilities.
Anticipated Project: Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) Expansion
Anticipated Project Length: 12+ months
Estimated Start Date: October 1, 2019
Position Type: Full-Time
- Read and understand plans and specifications for major/complex projects
- Prepare a thorough take-off of quantities for their scope of work, based on the project documents
- Be able to thoroughly review subcontractor pricing and prepare a comprehensive bid tab
- Understanding of subcontractor/supplier relationships and their importance to the ongoing success of the project
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Detail-oriented team player with excellent communication abilities – both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, especially Word, Excel (specifically Excel based templates) & Outlook
- Proficiency in computer skills – able to adapt and learn programs such as On-Screen Take-Off, Sage, and 3D programs such as Scenario
- A 4-year degree in Electrical, Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Have experience working on design-build projects
In addition to the duties listed above, it is to be understood that Pillars Development is a community-cultured organization and that all personnel represents the company in management style, public relations, marketing, and business development ideals and goals. Our firm is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Pillars Development
Pillars Development is a land-use development company that engages in all phases of development, following the tenets of Curiosity, Creativity, and Community. The Nashville-based firm was founded in 2013 with the aim to guide intentional, thoughtful designs and program execution in an efficient manner to meet the needs of our clients and exceed their expectations. Pillars Development employees enjoy competitive pay and a range of benefits.