Commercial Real Estate Lending – Intern Position
First Southern Mortgage Corp is seeking an individual to join the commercial real estate loan origination team and assist in the analysis, underwriting, approval, and servicing of mortgage loans secured by large-scale commercial properties. Primary responsibilities will involve visiting properties that secure mortgage loans currently in the company’s loan portfolio and completing a general inspection of the property. The secondary responsibility of this individual is to assist one to two loan originators in underwriting and analyzing commercial property loan opportunities.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
- Interface with a diverse group of borrowers, lenders, and vendors. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Experience and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Interest in a possible career in the real estate or banking industry is a plus.
Tasks of the position would include:
- Completion of loan servicing inspections including photographing properties, completing a visual inspection of the property for obvious defects, and completing the lender’s inspection forms.
- In-depth creative writing work is used to describe in detail the property itself and the locations in which they reside.
- Coordinating with originators, vendors, property owners, and lenders in providing information and analysis necessary for underwriting commercial loans.
- Assisting in the preparation of Initial loan presentation packaging for lenders including mapping, photographing, and providing written descriptions of commercial real estate
- Analyze income and expense statements, balance sheets, and market studies, and input data into underwriting models
- Coordination between the servicing department, originators, and borrower clients on servicing requests and annual servicing inspections.
- Will require occasional travel throughout Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky. A rental car will be provided for longer trips; however reliable transportation is a requirement for trips in and around the Nashville area. Reimbursement at $.55 to $.60 / mile for any use of personal auto. All expenses related to travel are fully reimbursed.