ULI Nashville friends,
As my term as chairman draws to an end, I want to thank each of you for your support. It has been an honor to serve alongside you as we work together to build an even better Nashville.
Over the past three years, membership has doubled to more than 550 individuals, representing every profession and sector in land use and real estate development, including 41 Metro Nashville government employees from many departments.
And while increasing numbers is a worthy goal for any membership-driven organization, I believe the real value is having members that are active and engaged. You’ve showed up, got involved and that’s something we can all be proud of.
Together, we have accomplished a lot. Here’s a snapshot of what I believe to be some of the highlights:
- Professional sponsorships and initiatives have increased allowing us to build our reserves and increase our program offerings for members.
- We are hosting the 2019 ULI spring meeting for 3,500 to 4,000 ULI leading members. Being selected as the host city is a distinct honor and our chance to show off our city and organization. This will be a wonderful opportunity for all members to get engaged.
- Gear Up 2020 -This committee’s work has led to a comprehensive infrastructure strategy for Metro Nashville and received many accolades from ULI.
- The Building Healthy Places initiative continues to evolve and will serve as a model for other cities.
- We welcomed Rose as a full time employee, which is a testament to our success.
- Bert Matthews was elected trustee of ULI – an honor and big deal!
- Nashville hosted the ULI Gerald Hines Design Competition in 2015
- The Predators hosted three Stanley Cup Final games (we should take all the credit, don’t you think?).
- Young Leader Mentor Program established in 2014, is an overwhelming success.
- Established the Civic Leadership Forum, a program partnership with Metro council members.
- Kicked off the ULI Nashville Women’s Leadership initiative.
These accomplishments could not have happened without your involvement and dedication to our organization and it has been my privilege to work with you all. I have no doubt that you will show Mark the same support I’ve enjoyed the past three years. Moving forward, let’s grow to 600 members and show the world in 2019 what Nashville is all about!